Wednesday, February 1, 2012

14 Weeks Post Op

Weight 246
Average calorie intake still around 5 – 600 per day
Exercise: now working the bar 4 to 5 days a week and occasionally walking and tennis
Weight loss in the last 2 ½ weeks: 12lbs
Total weight loss: 74lbs in 14 ½ weeks

Sorry for missing out on the last two weeks of posting. A lot has been happening. Week 12 was a bust, I lost nothing and caught a cold. The following week I got back on track and I still seem to be dropping the weight.

I am doing a lot more working at the bar as of last week and that comes in handy as I was
laid off from my drafting job last Friday. The bar keeps me hopping and it is a pretty good 8 hour workout.

I am still having the sick to my stomach feeling when I eat and I really hate it but it sure does keep me from over eating. I also find myself unable to drink the protein drinks anymore. The taste just turns my stomach. Fish seems to be the protein I tolerate best, and fruit smoothies go down easy and I will likely try to add some protein to those instead of the drinks.

Note of interest, I have dropped from a pants size 52 to a 44in. I am really looking forward to shopping anywhere right off the rack. In most cases I am down to an XL size in shirts and sweats.

Other than living on 2 or 3 bites of food at a time, I really have not had much in the way of limitations. The Doctors office said I would not be able to drink any carbonated drinks but I found that when mixed with rum or vodka the carbonation has little effect. They also recommended not having alcohol but I still seem to be dropping weight at a satisfying rate so I think I am ok with it.

I do seem to be experiencing some of the baggy skin issues but I don’t look like a Sharpe dog yet but another 40lbs might change that. Wow, another 40lbs and I will be knocking on a door I have not seen since I was 14 years old.

I will be off doing a lot of hiking next week during a photo shoot so I will post up when
I get back in a week or so. Until then, “Eat to live, don’t live to Eat”.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss Jim! If you have a Tropical Smoothie nearby try the Health Nut with Soy Protein. My personal favorite.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jim just joined yor blog. Syma says Hi, she can be reached @ designsbysyma@yahoodotcom

    Talk w/u later dude.
    Russ

    ReplyDelete