Monday, October 24, 2011

4 days post op

I tried to start this blog a couple of days ago with no luck but all you missed was liquid and 13lbs. Yes, since last Thursday I have lost 13 pounds. It feels really good to get into that shirt that has been hanging in the closet for the last 3 years just waiting for a sugnificant weight loss.

Back story:

Thursday, Ocober 20th, 2011 I went in for the Gastric Sleeve proceedure performed by Dr. James Akenson here in Las Vegas at North Vista Hospital. My out of pocket costs with good insurance was $550.00

Day of surgery (10/20/11):
Weight: 320 pounds
Height: 5'11"
BMI: 43


I was pretty drugged up until about 10pm Friday night but by then I was taking water and walking laps around the hosital wing. I did about 30 laps by the time I was checked out around noon on Friday and ended up going to a friends first opening with their food trailer. No, I did not get to eat but I was there for moral support.

Saturday (10/22/11)
Weight: 313 pounds

I kept mostly to liquids like Ensure Protein Shakes and I found ISOPure punch drinks at GNC that had 40g of protein.

I also tried making my Cream of Carrot soup and messed it up by adding Whey Protein while it was still too hot. I looked like scrambled eggs in cheese cauce and did not taste very good.

Sunday (10/23/11)
Weight: 309 pounds
Went to meet friends for breakfast and had a poached egg along with my Ensure. I had a Protein Energy Shot (2.5oz of punch flavored juice and 26g of Protein) for lunch and made Vegitarian French Onion Soup (vegitable broth instead of beef broth) for dinner.

Monday (10/24/11)
Weight: 307 pounds
I started filling out my Calory King program to really track this. By the time I got off from work and headed to my colinary classes I had had the following:
1 Ensure
2 cups of coffee with sweetner and coffeemate
1/2 bottle of ISOPure
1 Protein Shot
and walked for 15 minutes durng lunch time

By 5pm I was at 357 calories, 4.1g of fat, 3.0g of fiber, 424mg of sodium, 38.5g of carbs and 71.6g of protein.

My daily goals are:
90g of carbs, 105g of protein, 1,200 calories, 30g of fiber and 1,500mg of sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment